To Our Valued Guests:
As we acclimate to a new set of operational guidelines resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, please know that we are following all state and federal guidelines to mitigate the risk of disease transmission at our inns, hotels and vacation rental properties. We have developed the practices and plans below as our commitment to making your travel experience one that you can be confident in booking and take comfort in knowing that the health and safety of our guests and associates is our top priority. Our commitment to you includes the following:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols: Our Administrative, Guest Service, Housekeeping and Maintenance teams continue to implement our elite level of cleanliness while adding extra sanitary measures throughout our properties.
- All of our guest rooms, common areas and kitchens are meticulously disinfected and cleaned as a general practice; however, our housekeepers are taking extra steps to sterilize all surfaces, furniture, linens, dishware and flatware.
- All of our team members have been instructed to follow all personal sanitary procedures recommended by the Center for Disease Control, U.S. Department of Health, and World Heath Organizations.
- Modified Cancelation Policy: COVID-19 Temporary Amendment to Cancellation Policy applicable to reservations made by June 30, 2020 with arrival dates on or before June 30, 2020. If Guest's reservation is at East Island Revere Hotel or any of the Vacation Newport Inns and is cancelled at least 24 hours prior to check-in, 4:00 p.m. EST, a date change without fees or a gift certificate in the total value of the stay will be offered. If Guest's reservation is at The Newport Lofts or The Firehouse and is cancelled at least 72 hours prior to check-in, 4:00 p.m. EST, a date change without fees or a gift certificate in the total value of the stay will be offered. The amended cancellation policy is applicable to Guests that booked their reservation directly through Vacation Newport.
- Contactless Check-In/Check-Out Procedures: We have always used a keyless entry system, which allows our guests to arrive and let themselves into their accommodation without ever needing to physically check-in with another human being. We will continue to utilize this contactless system which generates a key code for each guest that is emailed 48 hours prior to arrival with parking and directional info. Similarly, upon departure guests are just asked to lock the door behind them.
- Breakfast Procedures (B&Bs only): Our Innkeepers are following all state COVID-19 guidelines on preparing and serving food. Guests staying at Vacation Newport Bed & Breakfasts will continue to enjoy a delicious meal prepared by our Innkeepers each morning, however, these new guidelines are impacting how we traditionally serve meals to our guests. These guidelines are likely to change over time, and we will adjust our breakfast procedures accordingly. Please contact us to learn about our most current breakfast procedures.
- Pool (East Island Reserve Hotel only): The pool at East Island Reserve Hotel is currently closed until further notice. We are awaiting guidelines from the State of RI and the RI Department of Health on how to re-open the pool safely. Upon receiving these instructions, we will proceed accordingly. Please contact us for the most up to date information about any amenities at the East Island Reserve Hotel.
We are all in this together. The Vacation Newport team is following CDC recommendations on hygiene to prevent infection and we are asking you to do your part as well. Guests are required to wear masks in common spaces and follow The State of Rhode Island's social distancing regulations. For the safety and well-being of our employees and our guests, we are asking anyone who is feeling ill and/or has been diagnosed or exposed to the Coronavirus to refrain from traveling at this time.
Please note that it is the guest's responsibility to familiarize yourself with government travel regulations to confirm your eligibility to stay with us, especially those from out-of-state. Guidelines in Rhode Island as well as your own state, country or province may impact your travel experience at this time.Rhode Island's COVID-19 response information is available at https://health.ri.gov/covid/.
Please contact us with any questions regarding our Comfort & Confidence Commitment. We can be reached by phone at 401-845-9400 or email at info@VacationNewport.com. We look forward to seeing your arrival in Newport, hopefully soon!